Benefits for Firms
Why Should Firms Comply with the GIPS® Standards?
- Compliance may improve the chances of being hired by a prospective client or prospective investor because it signals that the firm has designed and implemented policies and procedures to fully disclose and fairly present past performance.
- Standardized GIPS Reports help ensure that firms are evaluated on their actual record and that calculation and presentation methods do not result in unfair competition.
- Compliance makes it possible for investment managers around the world to present historical returns in any market without having to restate performance using different calculation and presentation methods.
- Compliance requires firms to establish robust investment performance policies and procedures.
- Compliance demonstrates to current and prospective clients and investors and the general public a voluntary commitment to follow ethical standards.