- Opportunities are normally posted in March and close in May.
- Applicants do not need to be CFA Institute or CFA Society members or hold specific professional designations.
- Positions on committees and subcommittees generally start on 1 September and end on 31 August; Start and end dates for working groups dates are not fixed and depend on the scope of the work assigned.
- The Global Industry Standards Nomination Committee nominates applicants for the following positions:
- All members of the Global Industry Standards Steering Committee
- All members of the GIPS Standards Technical Committee
- All members of the GIPS Standards for Fiduciary Management Providers Technical Committee
- Chairs of GIPS standards subcommittees
- GIPS standards subcommittee members are nominated by the Chair of the GIPS Standards Technical Committee, the relevant subcommittee chair, and the head of Global Industry Standards.
- Appointments are made by the CFA Institute Board of Governors or as delegated.